Thursday, October 18, 2007

Mocha Morning, Singleton 2007

Last call forgot us
they couldn't find
our hands raised
for roll call
or find our shadows
on the floor
I was in the ladie's room
talking to my other smile
and you were bangin'
on the cigarette machine
playing pachinko with
our last dimes for
a pack of anything
pall malls
bubblegum rings
or fortunes....
anything that would
happily land at your feet

And so we missed it,
another round
downtown at the cornerbar
and in the wee hours,
the free hours
we took the party home
to dance in the kitchen
and drink Michelobs left
lying on their sides in the
vegetable bin,
but
we did that the night before....
and there was only bologna there
and some cheese
forgotten

So I brewed coffee and
when you went to fetch the cream
you find the henna
in the karmic red tubes
chilled and ready

We pretended it came in every color
blue
and
the color of my hair on top
and painted mocha colored cobwebs
up and down our calves
and laughed....

I read the directions this
morning.....
sipping cold black coffee....
and crossing my legs,

It says in perfect foreign script.....
"does not wash off with soap and water"

6 comments:

skinnylittleblonde said...

Soap will dry the skin and the drier the skin, the quicker it fades.
I wish I was there to color cobwebs with you.
xoxox

singleton said...

skinny...
I think I read all that, too! But still, I wish you were here, too, we'd sit up all night
clinking
smoking
henna partying
and wake up in the morning
with month long
fish net hose
painted on
our legs!
ILYSVVFM!

eric1313 said...

You are both
whatever color
you wish to be

Spiderwebs
stained glass
moon dust
star's breath

You are endless

You are the circle

I was a dot
in the center
but I reached out
and you took my hand
like it always belonged

And now
it does

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

Good times/bad times - they never wash off the memory.

I guess it's better to feel something than nothing - good or bad.

singleton said...

Eric....
"Spiderwebs
stained glass
moon dust
star's breath"
and those are the named of the new constellation,
hung by fishing string from
The Big Dipper
or The Little
so each soulful star
can blow in the wind,
free,
a circle of chimes
holding hands
in the sky

singleton said...

ultra....
clink! to that!
How sad to have nothing, to not be moved by tragedies
or love,
to be blank....
And isn't it so, that the best times are made all the better,
if we don't take them for granted,
if we rememeber the times before
we were so lucky

peace~love, good times are glass treasures